Monday, April 24, 2006

diversifying

Due to tedious jobs (dry cleaning, passport renewal), supervisor observing ("Shanks and Bielby do America") and 5s (Get in Cosmic!!) today was very slow to get going, ahem.

Anyway, doing the AAOmega redshifting "properly" now. That's not to say we didn't before, but this time, I'm going through every single data object to redshift them, spot OII, spot any [Ne V], the k+a's for Roseboom (UQ) and anything else that might look interesting. Also want to see really how bad the "fringing" was affecting things. Looks like we're gonna have a nice M-star survey at this rate.

When my lunch wasn't interuppted*, I read the Madua paper on astro-ph today (0604448). I'm now understand more about the ol' extragalactic light background (ELB) but am even more confused about the H.E.S.S. findings that Brown (Durham) talked about at the NAM. Even though I wont admitted it to him directly, I think H.E.S.S. is doing a great job which means these discrepancies, if they exist are puzzling.

*Even after I put up the note on the door to discourage people coming to see me, I was distubed not once, but twice today while eating my Coronation chicken rol!! Nobodies fault but my own I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home