Sunday, March 26, 2006

Weekly postings

It has been a busy week, though arguably my most productive since Christmas.

I now have Wake's pdl codes running and what's more, I basically understand what they do and how they do it. The result of this is we now, for the very first time (and about 2 years overdue) have a covariance matrix for our 2-point LRG correlation function. This was generated from a jack-knife analysis of 31 sub-samples.

Also, having realised I was working in an Eistein-de Sitter, Omega_M = 1 cosmology, re-calculated the "Sample 8" 2-point and find, as was more expected, that this "redder" sample does have a higher amplitude than the mixed-mashed sample I was using before.

Got lots more to do this week (will have to have a we think and get FOCUSED!) but hopeuflly we'll be going back to daily rather than weekly postings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home