Saturday, February 25, 2006

Two wrongs (sometimes) make a right

At 5:30pm on Friday, I spotted a potentially huge mistake in the SQL query I'd been using to query the CAS. I had written (FibreMag_i - deVRad_i > 0) for the object to be return rather than (FibreMag_i - deVMag_i > 0). I then compounded this mistake by using the correct SQL but on the Star table and thus had a major, major panic and stress when I couldn't understand why the numbers changes SO much.

However, with some calm thinking from Edge, Shanks giving me some room and a timely visit by Butterley to pick up the wine (ahem!), we figured out that the deVRad cut would be passed almost all of the time, and then I recut the sample in my FORTRAN anyway. So this really should have a minor effect, if any.

So, we're off today. Football has just been cancelled (needed a point vs. Trevs B for the League) but that'll give my time to finish packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home