Monday, November 27, 2006

"SDSS-III"

Sometimes things that really should seem pretty effing easy, really just take me ages to program up. This seems to be the case for the latest estimates of my AAOmega "field-to-field" errors. I also suspect that one of the fields (d05) is dominating the fit....

Hogg's Research (in some ways, the parental page to NPR's Research) mentioned "SDSS-III" recently. I first heard about this at (the now infamous) Frontiers conference. The plan is to use the Sloan telescope, LRGs (I think) and possibly photo-z's (??) to go after Dark Energy and indeed the equation of state parameter w (where P = w \rho) at z=~0.6 and z=~0.3. This is all very exciting, because a) it is exactly what we wanted to do with AAOmega b) this is all right up my street. Anyway, I have my own thoughts on all of this, which will no doubt eeek out over time....

1 Comments:

Blogger NPR said...

Just to clear things up, the \rho is
a la LaTeX and not meaning rho is the denominator!

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home