Thursday, September 21, 2006

ASTRONOMY IN BUNG SHOCKER!!

Bung taking is rife in astronomy - from PhD places to first year vivas all the way to the top. However, this reporter never even began to imagine the scale of the underhand deals that take place and at all levels of the game.

"Well, I've never been offered one, but how do you think I got to my position," laughed one senior astronomer, who for legal reasons can only be named as Prof. S.

"Oh sure," said one current PhD student, called Mr. RB in our investigations, "[Bill] Frith can get you a long way in this game." Mr. RB continued, "Also, I knew that since the person doing my interview was from Bolton, we could come to some sort of agreement." As a result, Mr. RB is now sailing into his second year as a postgrad.

One very well respected post-doc, who wished to remain anonymous, said the reason for the perceived corruption is that "it's because the stakes are so low".

Yet, since none of these allegations can be conclusively proven at the moment, the investigations have been put on temporary hold. However, it woud be fair to expect more news and revelations in the coming days, weeks and months.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahahahahahahaha. the guardian????

8:00 PM  
Blogger NPR said...

Not sure! I wont believe it till I see it, but am desperately trying to get my greasy little hands on an old copy!! Meanwhile, the corruption goes unchecked and un abted....!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home