Thursday, June 08, 2006

ARGH!! (Part 1)

What is the co-moving distance of a galaxy with redshift z=0.3410 given Omega_M = 0.3 and Omega_Lambda=0.7 in a flat Universe???? Is it 939.45, 940.3 or 940.93 h^-1 Mpc???

Anyway, whatever it is, this has severly annoyed me today as just when I thought I was putting the final touches to all my graphs, there seems to be a slight issue with co-moving distances and co-ordinate transform. However, I really don't think (and really do hope) that this will have much, if any bearing on the final redshift-space measurements.

In other news, the DES is coming!! Both the CTIO and VISTA versions. Castander (IEEC, Barcelona) gave a comprehenisve seminar on the subject this lunchtime - but will this be competitive on the timescales we're talking about??


P.S. The network started having real problems last night and this post didn't published until this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home